If not, you should, as you are bypassing the largest, most electric garlic party in the world: a weekend-long celebration of everything that is California-grown garlic…celebrity chef demonstrations, musical performances, the “Great Garlic Showdown,” munching on garlic french fries and much, much more.
In fact, more than 100,000 garlic lovers are expected to attend this year’s event, July 24-26 in Gilroy, Calif. – otherwise known as “The Garlic Capital of the World!”
Here’s a little taste – garlic taste that is – of what you’ll experience throughout the three-day garlic party:
* Fabio Vivani, star of Bravo Television Network’s “Top Chef” series, is hosting the Gilroy Garlic Festival Showdown (professional chef cooking competition) July 26. Fellow “Top Chef” contestant, Jamie Lauren, will participate in the contest, as well;
* The Gilroy Garlic Cookoff & Cooking Competitions, featuring a slew of competitions and celebrity chefs, such as Andrea Froncillo of The Stinking Rose;
* Gourmet Alley – come hungry, as Gourmet Alley is your destination for delicious, garlic-infused eats and drinks. More than 50 vendors align the alley, preparing such delights as stuffed mushrooms; pasta con pesto; calamari; garlic steak tacos; Italian sausage sandwiches; garlic fries; garlic bread and numerous others.
* A variety of musical performances and sounds for all preferences, including country, classic rock, folk, blues, jazz, soul, funk, rockabilly, reggae, pop and more.
* And, of course – the 2009 Miss Gilroy Garlic Queen – Jessica Brewka – and her court.
As you can see, it’s a once-a-year event you don’t want to miss. If you don’t have tickets, don’t fret – there is still time. Just visit the Gilroy Garlic Festival Web site to purchase tickets and find out additional festival information.
We look forward to seeing you in Gilroy and joining Christopher Ranch in celebrating wonderful about California-grown garlic!